What is BLCC?
What is Blue Light Cystoscopy with Cysview?
An advanced approach to detecting bladder cancer
Cysview (hexaminolevulinate HCl) is an optical imaging agent
- Indicated for use in the cystoscopic detection of nonmuscle invasive papillary bladder cancer (NMIBC)
- For use with patients suspected or known to have lesion(s) on the basis of a prior cystoscopy
Cysview is used with the KARL STORZ D-Light C Photodynamic Diagnostic (PDD) System to perform cystoscopy with the blue-light setting (Mode 2) as an adjunct to the white-light setting (Mode 1)
Exposes more cancer from first TURBT16,17
- Improves on the use of white-light cystoscopy alone1-6
- Increases detection of NMIBC
- Leads to improved tumor resection, since every tumor detected can be resected in the same TURBT
- Allows for better patient management decisions7
- Has potential for reducing overall cost of managing NMIBC7
CYSVIEW IS THE ONLY FDA APPROVED PRODUCT FOR USE WITH BLUE LIGHT CYSTOSCOPY
- Cysview is an optical imaging agent indicated for use in the cystoscopic detection of non-muscle invasive papillary cancer of the bladder among patients suspected or known to have lesion(s) on the basis of a prior cystoscopy
- Cysview is used with the KARL STORZ D-Light C Photodynamic Diagnosis (POD) system to perform cystoscopy with the blue light setting (Mode 2) as an adjunct to the white light setting (Mode 1)
Important limitations of use:
- Not a replacement for random bladder biopsies or other procedures used in the detection of bladder cancer
- Not for repetitive use
Back to Top
© 2017 Photocure/Cysview. All rights reserved.