“Everyone should have access to this technology.”
Mary Beth Ballard was a 28-year-old newlywed with a bright future when she was diagnosed with non-muscle invasive bladder cancer. After a standard white light cystoscopy and transurethral resection of bladder tumor (TURBT), Mary Beth pursued a second opinion from a urologist who uses Blue Light Cystoscopy (BLC™) with Cysview®. With this advanced procedure, her doctor found a significant amount of cancer that had been missed from her initial procedure–60 percent more cancerous cells!
This video shares more about Mary Beth’s experience with BLC with Cysview and why she thinks every bladder cancer patient should have access to BLC with Cysview technology
What patients think1
In 2019, 600 non-muscle invasive bladder cancer patients responded to a survey conducted through the Bladder Cancer Advocacy Network (BCAN). Their responses illustrate that:
- The use of BLC with Cysview affected the way they felt about their disease management.
- They would seek treatment at centers that offer the procedure.
- They have high interest in and satisfaction with Cysview.
Of the 87.45% who received BLC with Cysview:
- 99.32% said it helped in managing their cancer
- 99.55% reported improved confidence in the treatment they received
- 99.77% confirmed the importance of having BLC with Cysview as part of their disease management
- 99.32% of patients, once diagnosed, sought out an institution that offers BLC with Cysview
1 Survey of self-selected patients completed through the Bladder Cancer Advocacy Network (BCAN) sponsored by Photocure, Jan. 2019.